United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in 6 districts, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Thematic Lead-Resilient Livelihoods (Woman only)
Location: UMN Thapathali Office, Kathmandu
The main purpose of this position is to support, train, advise on the effective management to promote resilient livelihoods and mainstream environment/climate change adaptation in order to build capacity, ensure quality and promote learning within the framework of Programme Support Team and UMN Strategic Directions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Livelihoods/MSc in Agriculture/Environmental Science/ Environment and Climate Change or similar (including in Development Studies) with several years of experience in relevant field;
- Good track record of writing grant winning project proposals;
- Experienced in building capacity of others, using various methods and tools;
- Substantial experience of working for I/NGOs and in a cross-cultural setting;
- Experience of working with minority and oppressed groups (PPLPs);
- One who believes in participatory approaches and is willing to excel in it;
- Highly organised, reliable, attentive to details and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication skills both in Nepali and English. Written English must be of an excellent standard;
- A good trainer, coach and mentor, eager to understand the issue and build capacity of others;
- Social skills necessary to build effective working relationships (esp. active listening, tolerance, humility) with a broad range of people.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, 12 August 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
Only women candidates will be considered. We especially encourage the applications from marginalised groups.